What is Collective Impact?
Collective Impact is a structured way for a community to Unite around a backbone organization as a team of equals to collaborate on solutions that no one organization can implement on their own. By building strong, inclusive, trusting relationships between everyone in Denton County, Collective Impact tackles complex problems like homelessness and mental illness through five key elements of success:
- A Common Agenda, collectively putting forth a United vision of a better community
- Shared Measurements, providing meaningful, shared feedback to everyone involved
- Mutually Reinforcing Activities, avoiding duplication in favor of cooperation
- Continuous Communication, reinforcing trust and relationships between partners
- A Strong Backbone, orchestrating the hard work done through a common structure and efforts