Current Career Opening(s)
Join our team and be part of the effort to build greater opportunities for every person in our community with a Career at United Way of Denton County.
Homelessness Data Management Specialist
Reports to: Director of Education, Housing, and Workforce Initiatives
Status: Full-Time | Exempt
Description: Support the county-wide implementation, maintenance, and expansion of Denton County's Coordinated Entry System [CES], serving as community lead for homelessness data management and visualization in the Homeless Management Information System [HMIS] and the public-facing Denton County Homelessness Data Dashboard.
This is an in-office position.
- Support goal of the Denton County Homelessness Leadership Team to improve homelessness data management
- Responsible for monthly update and maintenance of client data in the HMIS Housing Priority List
- Aggregate, analyze and visualize Denton County homelessness data through the Denton County Homelessness Data Dashboard
- Assist in facilitating bi-weekly homelessness case conferencing meetings and Homelessness Leadership Team’s Housing and monthly Data Workgroup meetings among Denton County nonprofit and community members
- Promote system wide communication on HMIS Housing Priority List in order to help fill program vacancies
- Support continuous improvement of Denton County’s CES
- Collaborate with the Texas Balance of State Continuum of Care lead agency, the Texas Homeless Network, to onboard and train new CES Assessors and Front Door agencies serving Denton County
- Provide training and technical support to Denton County social service organizations reporting data into the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS), including updated local training materials
- Guide UWDC internships with data and homelessness related projects
- Serve as the HMIS Administrator for the United Way of Denton County
- Collaborate with the Texas Balance of State Continuum of Care lead agency as Denton County’s HMIS liaison
- Facilitate new agency/user applications for Denton County social services agencies utilizing HMIS
- Assist in planning and operationalizing the yearly Point In Time Count for Denton County
- Other duties as assigned
- Work or Educational Experience Options
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in homelessness intervention/prevention social service delivery or community wide CES implementation or related field.
- Undergraduate degree with at least 2 years of relevant experience
- Graduate degree with at least 1 year of relevant experience
- Experience utilizing cloud-based database systems; experience with a local Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) and/or the ClientTrack database system a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively facilitate groups and partner with diverse representation in community agencies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (including Microsoft Excel)
- Action-oriented, organized self-starter with the ability to take direction and adhere to project timelines
- Work will be performed across variety of locations in Denton County; must have your own vehicle and a valid Driver’s License and automobile insurance.
United Way of Denton County values diversity and promotes equal employment opportunities by implementing guidelines and practices that ensure employees and applicants are not discriminated against with respect to national origin, race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, people with disabilities, or age.