Current Career Opening(s)
Join our team and be part of the effort to build greater opportunities for every person in our community with a Career at United Way of Denton County.
Eviction Prevention Specialist
Reports to: Director of Financial Initiatives
Basic Functions: Supports the application and payment processes of United Way of Denton County administered Eviction Prevention Programs
Status: Temporary, Non-Exempt - Full Time OR Part Time | Immediate to December 31, 2023 or end of program
Description: United Way of Denton County serves as the trusted partner to private foundations and all levels of government for administration of eviction prevention programs and other temporary government aid provided via the nonprofit/social services sector. Among these partnerships is the efficient provision of housing and utilities aid to prevent eviction and utility shutoff due to and during the COVID-19 pandemic.
This is an in-office or hybrid position, adhering to COVID-19 health & safety procedures when necessary.
- Support daily operations and continuous improvement of UWDC’s eviction prevention program
- Guide and manage walk-in eviction prevention clients at UWDC’s office
- Screen households who have lost income due to or during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Screen households seeking assistance with housing and/or utilities
- Gather necessary application documentation from qualifying households and vendors
- Submit and review qualifying applications via Neighborly online portal
- Refer non-qualifying households to other resources in community
- Secure Form W-9’s and other necessary payment documentation
- Communicate outcomes to households, case managers and/or vendors as needed
- Submit check requests and prepare vouchers for approved payments
- Document processes and train additional staff and interns as needed to assist in the screening and application process
- Complete other duties as assigned related to UWDC’s eviction prevention programs
- Spanish language proficiency highly desired
- Undergraduate degree and/or relevant experience assisting individuals and families in crisis preferred
- Must be a strong communicator, detail-oriented, self-motivated, highly organized, and able to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office365 tools
- Position subject to background check
Please send cover letter and resume to Teddy Yan, Director of Financial Initiatives at Teddy@UnitedWayDenton.org. Multiple positions open until filled.
United Way of Denton County values diversity and promotes equal employment opportunities by implementing guidelines and practices that ensure employees and applicants are not discriminated against with respect to national origin, race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, people with disabilities, or age.