Current Career Opening(s)
Eviction Prevention Specialist
Reports to: Director of Financial Initiatives
Status: Temporary, Non-Exempt - Full Time OR Part Time - immediate through December 31, 2021
Description: United Way of Denton County serves as the trusted partner to private foundations and all levels of government for administration of eviction prevention programs and other temporary aid provided via the nonprofit/social services sector. A significant portion of these partnerships is the efficient provision of multiple sources of housing and utilities aid to prevent eviction and utility shutoff. Working remotely or by observing strict COVID-19 health and safety procedures, this position will facilitate the prevention of homelessness due to the financial impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Support daily operations and continuous improvement of UWDC’s eviction prevention program screening and applications
- Screen households who have lost income due to the COVID-19 pandemic and are seeking assistance with housing and/or utilities
- Gather necessary application documentation from households and vendors
- Submit applications through online portals and spreadsheets for review
- Secure Form W-9’s and other necessary payment documentation
- Communicate outcomes to households, case managers and/or vendors as needed
- Submit check requests and prepare vouchers for approved payments
- Document processes and train additional staff and interns as needed to assist in the screening and application process
- Complete other duties as assigned related to UWDC’s eviction prevention programs
- Undergraduate degree and/or relevant experience assisting individuals and families in crisis
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, a strong communicator, and able to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office365 tools
- Social work or grant administration experience desired
- Spanish or other second-language capabilities desired
- Position subject to background check
Multiple positions open until filled. Please send cover letter and resume to Teddy Yan, Director of Financial Initiatives at Teddy@UnitedWayDenton.org
Rapid Rehousing Case Manager
Reports to: Director of Housing Initiatives
Status: Full Time Position, Grant-funded immediately through March 2022
Description: The United Way of Denton County will operate a Rapid Rehousing Program for households experiencing literal homelessness in Denton County. This Rapid Rehousing program will offer short to medium term rental and utility assistance to people living in places not meant for human habitation, along with wrap around care provided by the Case Managers to be hired and community partners. This program will offer resources and services unique to each household’s needs. The Case Manager position will work with clients in overcoming barriers to gain housing, housing search and placement and goal planning and support to gaining stability in their own way while in housing. The program will be a client-centered, strengths based, and housing first approach to assisting community members into the housing best suited for them.
- Conduct initial assessment and screening to all potential households to determine eligibility.
- Provide direct case management to households in the program wanting case management support in the service plan style that works best for them, throughout the life of the program.
- Collaborate and communicate with community partners on resources and services the program cannot provide that are available in the community to households in the program.
- Assist households in finding appropriate housing based on their needs, preferences, and potential financial resources.
- Work with households in the program and property management to coordinate eviction prevention efforts and develop housing permanency plans.
- Link households to income, employment, and/or skill development opportunities per their need.
- Assist households with conflict resolution among tenants and neighbors.
- Provide crisis intervention as needed.
- Meet all documentation requirements as dictated by program need, including entry into the Homeless Management Information System.
- Participate in community meetings relevant to assisting households into housing such as: staff meetings, case conferencing, workgroup meetings, etc.
- 3 – 4 Years of experience working with similar populations in case management capacity, including people experiencing homelessness, people living with mental health concerns, and/or substance use concerns and/or;
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in a social or behavioral science or relevant field.
Interested candidates email resume and cover letter to Elena Lusk, Director of Housing Initiatives, at Elena@UnitedWayDenton.org by 5 pm March 5th, 2021. Please list what position you will be applying for.
United Way of Denton County values diversity and promotes equal employment opportunities by implementing guidelines and practices that ensure employees and applicants are not discriminated against with respect to national origin, race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, people with disabilities, or age.