All individuals in Denton County achieve financial security
The mission of the Workforce Success Leadership Team is to create and promote a holistic community approach to the workforce that provides every individual and family with the opportunity to increase earning potential, succeed, and thrive by:
- Coordinating cross-sector integrated service delivery
- Making data-driven, evidence-based, fiscally-responsible recommendations
- Promoting access to existing and emerging opportunities to eliminate gaps
- Identifying and advocating for innovative, effective practices
- Aligning community support systems to meet the needs of local employers
Our Method, Collective Impact:
What is Collective Impact?
Collective Impact (n) - A community coming together around a backbone organization as a team of equals to collaborate on solutions that no one organization can implement on their own.
Collective Impact is a structured way to unite a community of diverse people and achieve truly meaningful social change. By bringing everyone to the table and building relationships between them, Collective Impact accomplishes a community's goals through key elements of success:
- A Common Agenda, collectively putting forth a unified vision of a better community
- Shared Measurements, providing meaningful feedback to everyone involved
- Mutually Reinforcing Activities, avoiding duplication in favor of cooperation
- Continuous Communication, reinforcing trust and relationships between partners
- A Strong Backbone, orchestrating the hard work done through a unified initiative
Collective Impact Initiatives such as the Denton County Workforce Success Leadership Team are a key part of United Way of Denton County's strategy for improving lives in Denton County.
Backbone support provided by