Every individual in Denton County achieves financial independence, self-sufficiency, and stability
The mission of the Workforce Success Leadership Team is to promote a holistic community approach to the workforce that ensures an equitable playing field and provides every individual and family with opportunities to increase their earning potential, succeed, and thrive by:
Coordinating community cross-sector integrated service delivery
Making data-driven, evidence-based, fiscally responsible recommendations
Eliminating systemic barriers and gaps resulting from a history of discrimination to promote equitable access to workforce opportunities
Identifying and advocating for innovative, effective practices
Aligning community support systems to meet the needs of local employers
Our Method, Collective Impact:
What is Collective Impact?
Collective Impact (n) - A community coming together around a backbone organization as a team of equals to collaborate on solutions that no one organization can implement on their own.
Collective Impact is a structured way to unite a community of diverse people and achieve truly meaningful social change. By bringing everyone to the table and building relationships between them, Collective Impact accomplishes a community's goals through key elements of success:
- A Common Agenda, collectively putting forth a unified vision of a better community
- Shared Measurements, providing meaningful feedback to everyone involved
- Mutually Reinforcing Activities, avoiding duplication in favor of cooperation
- Continuous Communication, reinforcing trust and relationships between partners
- A Strong Backbone, orchestrating the hard work done through a unified initiative
Collective Impact Initiatives such as the Denton County Workforce Success Leadership Team are a key part of United Way of Denton County's strategy for improving lives in Denton County.
Backbone support provided by