One of the greatest gifts you can give back to your community is your time. Your skills and talents are needed in Denton County. There are many opportunities to change your community for the better as a volunteer, and we invite you to be part of that change.
Volunteer Opportunities in Denton County
Corporate and community volunteer opportunities available in Lewisville and Denton offices. Groups up to about 20 people. To schedule a group volunteer opportunity, companies can call Michelle Rocha at 972-538-5941 or email MRocha@cacnorthtexas.org.
There are plenty of opportunities at Denton County Friends of the Family:
- Child Care at the Outreach office and both shelter locations
- Two shelters that often need help with household chores, upkeep, and company for the residents
- Outreach office has opportunities to help organize donations, both hygiene and food pantry items
- Looking to be a mentor figure to youth impacted by domestic violence and/or sexual violence? As a Pathways HOPE Coach, you will attend monthly group gatherings and act as a mentor for youth in the DCFOF program.
- Help needed with event set up, tear down, and tabling at events throughout the community.
- Be part of the Survivors Advocacy Team. SAT members volunteer to meet victims at the hospital or police department to provide them with comfort, resources, and compassion. You will be trained and provided with all needed materials prior to your first call.
- Have a truck and/or muscles? Join the transitional house team to help survivors move from shelter to their new stable housing, or from housing to storage.
To get started visit> Denton County Friends of the Family
Meals on Wheels delivers hot ready-to-eat meals to Denton County seniors Monday through Friday between 10:30a.m and 12:00p.m. Volunteers needed to deliver meals during that time. First step for every potential volunteer is to attend a volunteer training and orientation in Denton. Interested volunteers can contact Kristin Herrera at 940-381-2224 or email@example.com.
Learn more about SPAN, Inc. & Meals On Wheels>
Volunteer Opportunities With Us
Homelessness Census Point-In-Time Count
Volunteers are needed every January for the Point-In-Time Count, our community's annual census of Denton's County's homeless community. Take a few hours to help survey our unhoused neighbors so we can assess the needs of our community.
Free Tax Prep Volunteers (VITA)
You can help lift a child out of poverty by helping their parent/guardian taxpayer e-file their federal income taxes for free through Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA). Volunteers like you can be a key part of an effective economic mobility tool that can provide on average a $5,000 boost for working families who often live paycheck to paycheck. No experience necessary. Training provided.