September is LIVE UNITED Month in Denton County!
Local municipalities across the county are declaring their support of our mission to improve lives in Denton County:
WHEREAS, United Way of Denton County achieves its mission to improve lives in Denton County by mobilizing community resources and building partnerships that help children, families, Veterans, people experiencing homelessness, and people affected by mental illness; and
WHEREAS, United Way of Denton County and its partners help more than 80,000 Denton County residents each year by assessing community needs, developing collaborative solutions, and measuring results; and
WHEREAS, United Way of Denton County seeks to reduce duplication of efforts through increased coordination of activities by providing backbone support to collective impact initiatives that address complex community problems; and
WHEREAS, Locally led by 46 community and business leaders, the Board of Directors of United Way of Denton County continues to find innovative ways to serve people of all ages in our community who need a helping hand.
NOW, THEREFORE, we declare September 2017 LIVE UNITED Month and ask you to join United Way of Denton County donors, volunteers and partners in calling on all residents to LIVE UNITED.
Join your local and municipal government in declaring September to be LIVE UNITED Month:
- City of Sanger: Tues. Sept. 5, 7:00 PM
- Town of Northlake: Thurs. Sept. 7, 5:30 PM
- City of Lewisville: Mon. Sept. 11, 7:00 PM
- Town of Shady Shores: Mon. Sept. 11, 7:00 PM
- Denton County Commissioner's Court: Tues. Sept. 12, 9:00 AM
- City of Denton: Tues. Sept. 12, 6:30 PM
- City of Krum: Tues. Sept. 12, 6:30 PM
- City of Lake Dallas: Thurs. Sept. 14, 7:30 PM
- City of Highland Village: Tues. Sept. 26, 7:30 PM