Program Coordinator: Mental Health, Housing & Homelessness
Position Title: Program Coordinator, Mental Health, Housing & Homelessness
Reports to: Director of Community Impact
Provide administrative support and program coordination for the Denton County Behavioral Health Leadership Team (DCBHLT) and Denton County Homelessness Leadership Team (DCHLT) under the supervision of the Director of Community Impact.
- Schedule, facilitate and develop meeting summaries for DCBHLT and DCHLT workgroups (7 in total) in collaboration with various UWDC staff; support progress towards workplans in alignment with strategic plans
- Support drafting of agendas and meeting minutes for bimonthly DCBHLT and DCHLT meetings
- Develop outreach materials to enhance public education and awareness of mental health, homelessness and housing needs and resources
- Support implementation of a Sequential Intercept Model for Behavioral Health Services in Denton County
- Support strategies to End Veteran Homelessness in Denton County by 2020
- Other duties as assigned
Grant Coordinationg & Reporting:
- Collect and report data for state and federal homelessness and mental health grants under the supervision of the Director of Community Impact
- Consistent and timely communication with community partners to collect necessary grant outcome data and report back to supervisor for monitoring
- Provide administrative support for the Denton County Homelessness Barriers Fund. Facilitate incoming requests and reimbursements in collaboration with the Chief Financial Officer.
- Provide administrative support for the Denton Supportive Housing Pilot in collaboration with supervisor and community partners
- Undergraduate degree with at least 3 years of relevant experience in nonprofit program coordination, community development, public administration or macro-level social work; graduate degree with at least 1 year of relevant experience
- Grant writing and/or administration experience preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication and group facilitation skills
- Grant writing and administration experience preferred (including state and federal).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools.
- Action-oriented, organized self-starter with the ability to take direction and adhere to project timelines
- Subject to background check.
Please send cover letter and resume by 5:00 p.m., Friday, May 31, 2019 to Courtney Cross, Senior Director of Homelessness Initiatives at Courtney@unitedwaydenton.org or 1314 Teasley Lane, Denton TX 76205.
Part Time Finance & Administration Staff
Please send cover letter and resume to Vicki Smith, Chief Financial Officer at Vicki@UnitedWayDenton.org or 1314 Teasley Lane, Denton TX 76205.
United Way of Denton County values diversity and promotes equal employment opportunities by implementing guidelines and practices that ensure employees and applicants are not discriminated against with respect to national origin, race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, people with disabilities, or age.