Director of Education and Workforce Initiatives
Reports to: President & CEO
Status: Full-time Exempt
- Under the direction of the President and CEO, work closely with DCWSLT leadership to facilitate all administrative and logistical activities consistent with UWDC’s role as a backbone organization for workforce efforts.
- Conduct research, collect/analyze data, and support efforts of the DCWSLT to seek new or sustain existing funding.
- Provide backbone support to the DCWSLT’s Advance Together grant; develop and facilitate UWDC’s racial equity work; develop and support the Denton County Racial Equity Council; engage working & BIPOC families and individuals to facilitate co-creation of equitable workforce services across Denton County;
- Manage Family Child Care Network grant: supervise staff, ensure compliance with Texas Workforce Commission’s (TWC) work plan and reporting requirements, and submit monthly cash draws for reimbursement from TWC.
- Manage Pathways to Success integrated service delivery program: supervise intern-based case management, fill-in for case managers as needed, process funding requests, track expenses, submit reporting and develop monthly impact reports.
- Supervise the development and monitoring of workforce and education data management; develop racial equity data dashboard and oversee monthly data dashboard updates
- Supervise staff, interns, and/or volunteers of UWDC workforce collective impact efforts.
- Undergraduate degree with at least two years relevant experience or graduate degree with experience in non-profit management, community development, public administration, or macro-level social work.
- Experience working in Racial Equity, Workforce Development, Adult Education, Community Development, or related field.
- Grant writing and administration experience preferred (including state and federal).
- Exhibit strong written, verbal and facilitation skills to collaborate effectively with volunteers, stakeholders, community leaders, and elected officials.
- Ability to effectively facilitate large groups with diverse representation of professional backgrounds.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools.
- Must be detail oriented, self-motivated, and have the ability to manage multi-level projects and priorities.
- Subject to background check.
Please send cover letter and resume to Gary Henderson at Gary@unitedwaydenton.org or 1314 Teasley Ln,
Denton, TX 76205. Job will remain open until filled.
United Way of Denton County values diversity and promotes equal employment opportunities by implementing guidelines and practices that ensure employees and applicants are not discriminated against with respect to national origin, race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, people with disabilities, or age.