Veteran Outreach Coordinator
Position Title: Veteran Outreach Coordinator, Denton County ACTS (grant funded)
Reports to: Director of Health and Mental Health Initiatives
Status: Full time, 10 month Grant funded
The Denton County ACTS grant initiative was written under HB13 Community Mental Health grant to access timely mental health services and continuity of care across agencies for 3 target populations in Denton County: justice involved individuals experiencing a mental health condition, people experiencing homelessness and a mental health condition, and Veterans and their families.
The Veteran Outreach Coordinator will be a point of contact for all agencies housed within the Denton County Veterans Center, a one stop shop for Veterans and their families to access resources. The Veteran Outreach Coordinator will advocate for Veteran client needs in the community, as well as develop relationships with agencies that can address multiple life domains as identified in the Adult Needs and Strengths Assessment to improve outcomes for clients. This position will also be responsible for volunteer and event management, as well as general office administrative support.
- Establish effective working relationships with partner agencies within the Denton County Veterans Center and organizations across Denton County and the greater DFW area.
- Identify resource needs for clients to build capacity of services at the Denton County Veterans Center.
- Identify and participate in community events and activities in Denton County that will provide opportunities to network with other agencies and engage with Veterans and their families.
- Coordinate volunteer and donation opportunities for Veterans and the Denton County Veterans Center and other outside groups.
- Facilitate partner agency meetings at the Denton County Veterans Center.
- Participate in community meetings and coalitions related to Veterans.
- Provide timely metric reporting to meet grant requirements each month.
- Bachelor’s degree in a social science field, or closely related field
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently
- Strong organizational, time management, and communication skills
- Knowledge of Veteran community is a plus
- Experience working on a grant is preferred
- Strong oral and written communications skills
Please send cover letter and resume in PDF form to Sonia Redwine at email@example.com or 1314 Teasley Lane, Denton, TX 76205. Position open until filled.
United Way of Denton County values diversity and promotes equal employment opportunities by implementing guidelines and practices that ensure employees and applicants are not discriminated against with respect to national origin, race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, people with disabilities, or age.