In addition to our Partner Agencies, United Way of Denton County reviews and approves targeted Impact Grants to meet critical community needs through evidence-based programs that help children, families, veterans, people experiencing homelessness, and people affected by mental illness.
Our Community Impact Grants have targeted investments towards:
- City of Denton to jointly fund backbone support for the Denton County Homelessness Leadership Team
- Denton County MHMR to provide additional counseling sessions
- Monsignor King Outreach Center to cover certain operational costs
- Ranch Hand Rescue to provide additional counseling sessions
- Sanger Independent School District to employ staff providing direct services for students at-risk of dropping out of school
- Youth & Family Counseling to provide additional counseling sessions
Interested in meeting critical needs for people in Denton County?
To apply for United Way of Denton County funding through a Community Impact Grant, your organization must help people in at least one of the following focus areas:
- Helping at-risk youth enter school ready to succeed and successfully graduate
- Enabling household breadwinners to earn family-supporting wages
- Assisting Denton County Veterans who are in crisis or on the verge of crisis
- Preventing homelessness and sheltering those experiencing homelessness
- Increasing access to and availability of behavioral health services
To request an application, please submit a Letter of Intent between January 1 and March 15 describing your organization and the program for which you would like to request funding. E-mail this letter to Leah@UnitedWayDenton.org and address the letter as follows:
Community Impact Chair
United Way of Denton County, Inc.
1314 Teasley Lane
Denton, TX 76205