There are many effective non-profit organizations helping people in Denton County in addition to our Partner Agencies! Our Board of Directors approve Community Impact Grants that target critical community needs that are being addressed through evidence-based programs that help children, families, veterans, people experiencing homelessness, and people affected by mental illness.
Our Community Impact Grants have helped people:
- Boy Scouts of America, Longhorn Council to support Boy Scout Troops at five Title 1 Schools
- City of Denton and United Way of Denton County to jointly fund the Denton County Homelessness Leadership Team collective impact initiative
- Denton City County Day School to provide car seats and enable program expansion through a partnership with Denton Independent School District
- Denton County Veteran's Coalition to connect veterans experiencing PTSD with local mental health services
- Denton Housing Authority and Giving HOPE, Inc. to open doors for families experiencing homelessness to start a rental relationship
- Mentor Denton to support mentorship of at-risk students through partnerships with non-profits
- NAMI Denton County to facilitate new and expanded behavioral health peer support groups
- Sanger Independent School District to help students who are at-risk or homeless
Interested in meeting a critical need for people in Denton County?
To apply for United Way of Denton County funding through a Community Impact Grant, your organization must help people in at least one of the following focus areas:
- Helping at-risk youth and pre-school-aged children succeed in school
- Increasing access to and availability of behavioral health services
- Preventing homelessness and sheltering those experiencing homelessness
- Services for veterans
To request an application, please submit a Letter of Intent describing your organization and the program for which you would like to request funding. E-mail this letter to Leah@UnitedWayDenton.org and address the letter as follows:
Community Impact Chair
United Way of Denton County, Inc.
1314 Teasley Lane
Denton, TX 76205