In addition to our traditionally funded Partner Agencies, United Way of Denton County mobilizes through targeted Impact Grants to meet critical community needs through evidence-based programs that help children, families, veterans, people experiencing homelessness, and people affected by mental illness.
Denton County Protein Grant (ARPA)
We have partnered with Denton County to provide support for organizations responding to the most pressing needs across Denton County.
The purpose of the Denton County Protein Grant (through the American Rescue Plan Act) is to provide protein to Denton County nonprofits serving Denton County residents.
In 2021 and 2022, our Denton County Protein Grants have targeted investments towards:
- Westside Baptist Church $5,000
- Our Daily Bread $20,000
- Heart of the Cities $20,000
- Project HOPE $10,000
- First Refuge Ministries $20,000
- Denton Community Food Center $20,000
- Metrocrest Services $20,000
- Christian Community Action $30,000
- NTX Community Food Pantry $14,500
- The Salvation Army Denton County $29,865
To qualify for United Way of Denton County funding through a General Community Impact Grant, your organization must help people in at least one of the following focus areas:
- Helping at-risk youth enter school ready to succeed and successfully graduate
- Enabling household breadwinners to earn family-supporting wages
- Assisting Denton County Veterans who are in crisis or on the verge of crisis
- Preventing homelessness and sheltering those experiencing homelessness
- Increasing access to and availability of behavioral and mental health services
Additional Eligibility Criteria:
- Preference given to applications demonstrating an integrated service delivery model
- Applicant must demonstrate an effort and commitment to creating and maintaining collaborations/partnerships that work collectively toward a common goal
- Focus of the request must align with one or more strategic goals of one of the UWDC Leadership Teams or Collective Impact Initiatives (DCBHLT, DCHLT, DCWSLT, or ECC)
We are not accepting Community Impact Grant Applications at this time.