Make up to (not over) $58,000 a year? Get your taxes done for free!
For out-of-season tax preparation, visit:
North Texas Low Income Taxpayer Clinic
400 S Carroll Blvd., Suite #1000
Denton, TX 76201
Or e-mail VITA@UnitedWayDenton.org
What do I need to get my taxes prepared for free?
These documents are required for our volunteers to prepare your federal income tax return:
- Social Security Card or ITIN Card / Letter for taxpayer, spouse and all dependents (original only)
- Photo ID for taxpayer and spouse
- Checkbook or Bank Document with routing and account number for direct deposit
- Completed Form 13614-C (español) (Intake/Interview & Quality Review Sheet)
In addition, please check for the following:
- Any and all documents you may have out of this non-exhaustive list of forms
- Ensure that you do not have any of these tax issues that we are not allowed to prepare
Do you want help talking with the IRS after your return has been filed? We partner with the Taxpayer Advocate Service and the North Texas Low Income Taxpayer Clinic to help you navigate the procedures of the IRS that occur after filing a return!
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance is a free tax preparation service provided by United Way of Denton County in partnership with: Aubrey Area Library, Christian Community Action, City of Aubrey, City of Denton, City of Lewisville, City of Pilot Point, City of Sanger, Communities In Schools of North Texas, Denton ISD, Denton Public Library, Lake Dallas ISD, Lewisville ISD, Little Elm Public Library, North Central Texas College, North Texas Low Income Taxpayer Clinic, Northwest ISD, Pilot Point Community Library, Sanger ISD, Sanger Public Library, Texas Woman’s University, Town of Little Elm, University of North Texas
Want to give your taxes a try yourself? H&R Block and United Way Worldwide have partnered to offer free tax preparation via MyFreeTaxes.com to anyone earning up to (not over) $66,000.