One of the greatest gifts you can give back to your community is your time. Your skills and talents are needed in Denton County. There are many opportunities to change your community for the better as a volunteer, and we invite you to be part of that change.
Onging Opportunities with Us
Volunteers are needed every January for the Point-In-Time Count, our community's annual census of Denton's County's homeless community. Take a few hours to help survey our unhoused neighbors so we can assess the needs of our community, apply to increase funding for services, and disperse necessary items like socks and blankets. Sign up to get information from the Denton County Homeless Coalition and be ready when the next count rolls around.
Free Tax Prep Volunteers (VITA)
By helping taxpayers e-file their federal income taxes for free through Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA), volunteers infuse low to moderate-income families with the largest sum of money many will see in a year. This also saves families in need the hundreds of dollars that they might be charged at a predatory retail preparer, empowering families to do more with the money they earned. No experience necessary. Training provided.
Volunteer Opportunities with Our Network of Nonprofit Partners
Corporate and community volunteer opportunities available in Lewisville and Denton offices. Groups up to about 20 people. To schedule a group volunteer opportunity, companies can call Michelle Rocha at 972-538-5941 or email MRocha@cacnorthtexas.org.
Volunteers needed to help set up for the Champions for Children Gala on Friday, September 22 anytime from 9am-5pm and Saturday, September 23 from 9am-1pm at the Omni PGA Frisco Resort. Tasks could include unloading supplies, setting up auction items, helping with centerpieces and other decor, and more. Sign up here >
Check back for volunteer information.
There are plenty of opportunities at Denton County Friends of the Family:
- Child Care at the Outreach office and both shelter locations
- Two shelters that often need help with household chores, upkeep, and company for the residents
- Outreach office has opportunities to help organize donations, both hygiene and food pantry items
- Looking to be a mentor figure to youth impacted by domestic violence and/or sexual violence? As a Pathways HOPE Coach, you will attend monthly group gatherings and act as a mentor for youth in the DCFOF program.
- Help needed with event set up, tear down, and tabling at events throughout the community.
- Be part of the Survivors Advocacy Team. SAT members volunteer to meet victims at the hospital or police department to provide them with comfort, resources, and compassion. You will be trained and provided with all needed materials prior to your first call.
- Have a truck and/or muscles? Join the transitional house team to help survivors move from shelter to their new stable housing, or from housing to storage.