Commercially Exploited Youth, Recognizing and Responding: Texas' Holistic Strategy (Free CEUs)
WATCH Wellness Workshop Co-hosted with Denton County Behavioral Health Leadership Team & Children's Advocacy Center for Denton County
Commercially Sexually Exploited Youth, Recognizing and Responding: Texas' Holistic Strategy
This event is free. Coffee and snacks will be provided. Lunch WILL be provided. Free CEUs are available for social work, LPC, LMFT, and psychology.
7:30 a.m. Check-in
8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Program
What to look for and how to respond in a coordinated manner during suspected occurrences of Commercially Sexually Exploited Youth
By attending this workshop, learners will be able to:
1. Identify specific risk behaviors of Commercially Sexually Exploited Youth (CSEY).
2. Review the State’s comprehensive holistic public health approach to address CSEY.
3. Identify specific stakeholders involved in a multi-disciplinary approach to coordinated care for victims of CSEY in Denton County.
4. Describe the specialized role of CSEY Advocates.
5. Identify specific further opportunities for training and engagement as well as reporting mechanisms for suspected CSEY.
Tomi Grover, Ph.D.
North Texas Regional Administrator of the Child Sex Trafficking Team
Office of the Governor
Stephanie Byrd, JD
Meredith Boren, LMSW
Assistant Director of Partner Relations
Children's Advocacy Center for Denton County
Next Steps Center