You are here
VITA Training (Lewisville CCA) - Orientation, Intake, and Tax Prep Part I
Volunteer with and get introduced to Volunteer Income Tax Assistance! Through this course, you'll receive the training and certification necessary to volunteer with United Way of Denton County as a Translator, Intake Volunteer, and / or Volunteer Tax Preparer at the Basic and HSA levels.
Want to know more about volunteering with VITA? Click here to find out!
- Introduction and Overview
- Introduction to Link & Learn Certification
- Volunteer Standards of Conduct Training
- Volunteer Standards of Conduct Certification
- Overview of the tax preparation process
- Intake procedures and best practices
- The importance of Interviewing and Quality Reviewing
- Intake / Interview & Quality Review Certification
- Introduction to TaxSlayer Pro tax preparation software
- Navigating TaxSlayer Pro and reference materials
- Basic / HSA tax scenario
- The Affordable Care Act and tax returns
- Quality reviewing
- Finishing a return
December 10th, 2019 10:00 AM through 5:00 PM
Christian Community Action, 200 S Mill St.
Phone: 940-566-5851 ext. 111