We work together to promote a healthier community.
Whether it is a neighbor without health insurance, a victim of abuse, or someone struggling with mental illness or an addiction, we are working to ensure everyone has access to affordable and quality care.
FREE Flu Vaccination
To help prevent the spread of the flu, United Way of Denton County and Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital of Denton have partnered to provide two FREE Adult Vaccination Clinics, available to any person aged 18 and older.
In the United Way of Denton County service area:
- 17.2% of adults & 10.6% of children in Denton County lack insurance
- 1 in 4 births in the county received inadequate prenatal care
- 1 in 5 Texans are obese and 2 of 3 are overweight or obese
- Preventable hospitalizations cost Denton County over $713 million between 2005 and 2009
- Up to 29% of children in county have too high a BMI
- Elderly population expected to double over next 2 decades
Greatest Needs in Denton County:
- Affordable & accessible health & dental care, preventive care and nutrition information
- Substance abuse prevention and rehabilitation resources
- Mental Health services for depression